Designing spaces and making things makes me happy...

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The perfect light fixture?


branch light context.jpg
Originally uploaded by paintchipdiaries.
Imagine this... a minimalist bedroom with a spectacular light fixture that casts shadows as if you're sleeping out in the open underneath the trees.
It's a simple concept I came up for my clients last summer and I thought I found the perfect ceiling light with this Hollywood one by Brand van Egmond. So I ordered it. That was NINE MONTHS ago! (I'll spare you the details of how the 2 month lead time ended up being 9!) I can't wait to get this light installed since the rest of the renovation for my client's home has long been complete. I guess it's a good reminder that even if you're undertaking a remodel with a professional, there are still unforseen delays that can occur with any custom building project.

No comments: